The best way to pack a box in 6 easy steps
1. use high-quality packing boxes designed especially for the job, not grocery store cartons. You can
purchase packing supplies at our office or at local office supply stores.
2. Pack books and other heavy objects in smaller boxes for easier lifting.
3. If you need to store clothes, use wardrobe boxes so you can hang your garments.
4. Use same size boxes for easy stacking and to help eliminate wasted space.
5. Fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with plain newsprint to prevent collapsing when stacked.
6. Seal boxes completely with packing tape keep out dust.
10 ways to pack a storage space
1. Store couches (except sofa-beds) on end to maximize space.
2. Protect mattresses and furniture with pads and covers.
3. Wrap mirrors and pictures with paper pads, or use mirror boxes. Never Store These Items Flat.
4. Label all boxes on several sides for easy locating.
5. Disassemble tables and shelves and store on their sides. Wrap and mark all pieces for easier re-
6. Seal boxes completely with packing tape to keep out dust. Pack full and stuff with paper to prevent
collapsing when stacked.
7. Leave a path to the rear of the unit for easy access to all items.
8. Use shelving to maximize your storage space.
9. Store items you will need most often at the front of your unit.
10.Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar and clean before storing. And don’t forget to use
the space inside for extra storage.